What’s the difference between advertising a brick and mortar store and your web site? That’s a common question asked by new internet marketers. The principles are the same but the methods are different. Let’s take a look at how.
The main aim of promoting either store is to first let people know that the store exists. Secondly you want people to know what goods and services you provide and why it will improve their life. Next you want to show people why your items are of better quality than others in the market. This is all to achieve your main goal of visiting your store or web site. Making the sale is another topic all together.
If you have real deep pockets you can start by promoting your goods in the New York Times or on NBC for a brick and mortar store, or on MSN or Yahoo sites if you’re on the internet. Of course you have to remember your AOL users won’t see you there, just as your CBS watchers won’t see you on NBC. Most start ups aren’t going to worry about this problem as they don’t have the money to do this kind of advertising.
So what methods do you use to promote and drive traffic cost effectively to your web site?
- Tell your friends and family about your web site. The average person has about 250 people they would invite to their wedding. Let them know what you’re doing.
- Sign up for a leads service that will refer visitors to your site. This will be a minimalnominal} expense in relation to the leads if you use the right service.
- Post your helpful opinions on forum web sites. This will add credibility to you as an expert and refer people back to your site.
- Place Solo Ads in targeted ezines. Ezines are electronic newsletters that are directed to particular groups. This is a very effective method.
- Google Adwords is another way to reach people interested in your product or service. Adwords allows you to adveriste your web site whenever someone searches for the words or phrases you have selected. Some web hosting providers provide a free Adwords credit when you sign up for one of their plans.
- Another effective method is to make promotional leaflets that can be passed out to those you meet. Of course this must direct the person to your website.
- Place classifieds in the newspaper. You can put together a very cost effective campaign using weekly papers that are inexpensive and can reach your preferred customers.
- Write and publish articles like this one that show your expertise and direct clients to your website.
- Start your own blog. Your own blog allows you to add more pages of content that refers people back and forth from your blog to your site and vise versa.
- Write, have written for you or find an eBook you can brand. The eBook should refer and link to your website throughout the book. This will show people as an authority and also show people where they can learn more about your services.. Advertise your free eBook and give it away.
There you have ten ways to advertise your site. The internet is continually growing. The potential is endless. Go get your share.